It is important to take the decision to have a plastic surgery procedure very seriously. The better informed you are, the more likely you’ll get the results you are looking for. And just how to you get informed? You ask questions.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons has developed a comprehensive list of questions to ask your doctor. It is an excellent list of questions. We have take the liberty of using that list to answer of the questions you might have for Dr. Alspaugh. We believe that once you read the questions and answers below, you will feel completely confident that Dr. Alspaugh is someone you can trust to help you look your best.
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
Yes and by the American Board of Plastic Surgery since 1992.
- Were you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
Yes. Following a five your general surgery residency, I studied and worked for two years as a Plastic and Reconstructive Resident at the Medical College of Virginia. There, I was awarded the Theogaraj Academic Award.
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure? If so, at which hospitals?
Yes, at Sentara Virginia Beach General.
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
You would need to schedule a consultation for me to give you an accurate assessment.
Questions to ask once you are deemed a good candidate for your desired procedure
- Where and how will you perform my procedure?
- What surgical technique is recommended for me?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How are complications handled?
- How will my ability to breastfeed be affected?
- How can I expect my lifted breasts to look over time? After pregnancy? After breastfeeding?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the cosmetic outcome of my lifted breasts?
- Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for this procedure and what results are reasonable for me?
Armed with this good preliminary list, you can confidently go into your procedure knowing that you will be working with a highly experienced surgeon with years of experience giving patients a new beginning. Take the time now and contact us to get a consultation scheduled today.